Sunday, June 14, 2015

Moonstone Zanshin Drop Earrings


Often times when I come up with a new jewelry design, it is without conscious effort.  Many times I will wake in the morning with an idea in my head almost as if it had come from a dream.  The drops of these earrings came to me in just that way.  They are inspired from the "zanshin" acupuncture tool.  When I awoke with the design, it was a zanshin that was coiled and it resembled a sort of machinists version of a shell.  For this particular design I preferred them being straight plus I have a few details of the coiling that, technically, will be challenging.  Often times our ideas are simple but the execution of them not so.  These times of challenge are one of the reasons I enjoy metalsmithing so much and they drive me to become more skillful.

No comments:

Post a Comment